The Big Apple, the city of cities, true metropolis and the pinnacle of modern civilization. Welcome to New York, the most populous city in the United States. Located on the mouth of the Hudson River New York metropolitan area has over 20 million people making it a one-of-a-kind melting pot. New York is the worldwide center of culture, tourism, finance, education, and fashion. Being such a diverse city one could imagine that there is a rich offering of places for family fun in NYC. Stay with us as we have selected various places and activities for you to experience while in New York. Given the sheer amount of possibilities, the choice wasn’t easy, but we are sure that you won’t be disappointed.
If you would like to move here on a permanent basis, nomad moving company can help you carry out the relocation process without having headaches.
Famous landmarks and monument as a source of family fun in NYC
Given its rich and illustrious history has a plethora of famous landmarks you could visit with your kids. Age doesn’t matter as these are the memories every kid would like to have. So to name a few:
- The Statue of Liberty. One of the most recognizable monuments worldwide, this colossal neoclassical sculpture was a gift from the people of France to the citizen of The United States. There are audio tours for kids organized every day with climbs to the top for a breathtaking
- The Empire State Building. Ascend to the 86th floor of one of the tallest buildings in the city and you will be handsomely rewarded. The view of the city’s skyline is mesmerizing. The best time to visit it would be the dusk when the city lights slowly start to twinkle.
- Times Square. If you would like to experience the true vibe of the urban asphalt jungle that is New York, pay a visit to the famed Times Square. Packed with rivers of pedestrians coupled with bright neon lights from billboards and screens Times Square has a unique charm.
- Brooklyn Bridge. This glorious gothic-style suspended bridge is one of the oldest roadway bridges in the United States. For a full experience take a bike or pedestrian promenade with pauses for panoramic photos of Lower Manhattan and Wall Street.
- Fifth Avenue. One of the most exclusive shopping venues in the world, Fifth Avenue can provide for a nice walk to the nearby Central Park while you soak up that New York atmosphere along the way.
Museums to visit while in NYC
New York is a cultural hub with numerous museums, theaters, galleries, concert halls which offer diverse and rich content. You can also visit pubs and bars for musical content. For family fun in NYC, we have selected several museums we believe are child-friendly. We don’t want the kids to get bored right? Children’s Museum of Manhattan is best suited for young children and boasts with attractions such as splashes, play in the sand, boat sailing and other interesting adventures. Natural History Museum is a wonderful place famous for exhibits of dinosaur skeletons and a giant blue whale. Other displays range from Elephants, Baobab trees, natural gems and minerals to Earth and Space installations and shows.
New York Transit Museum is the place to go to learn about the rich history of transportation in The United States. Here you can hear Stories about the construction of New York metro as well to see decommissioned subway cars and other interesting items related to transportation. Brooklyn Children’s Museum has an enormous collection of nearly 30,000 different objects from the fields of geography, biology, history, music, and science. Madame Tussauds Wax Museum is the place that kids adore. Realistic figures of people like Marilyn Monroe and Abe Lincoln are great material for some unforgettable family photos. Some rooms house figures of action heroes like Batman, Spiderman, and The Hulk.
Every kid wanted to be a fireman at some point right? Let them live that dream for the moment and visit the New York City Fire Museum. Exhibits here include fire-extinguishing equipment from the 18th century to modern day fire trucks, coats, and hats.
Parks and Gardens of New York
Such an urban environment as New York has to have some green areas for people to get away from the street hustle. There are several like that for family fun in NYC. The most obvious choice would be Central Park. An oasis at the very heart of the city, Central Park offers a wide array of different activities. Rent a bike or visit a small yet well equipped Zoo. Rent a boat or take a dog for a walk. If you want to move to New York with your pets, check out pet moving services NYC for professional assistance.
If you have a whole day at your disposal, you could visit the Bronx Zoo. This is the biggest Zoo on American soil and is home to over 400 different animals. Tigers, gorillas, zebras and exotic birds are mainly held in open natural conditions. New York Botanical Garden is another great place to escape the heat of the streets. Bush sculptures and mazes and beautiful lily pads are some of the exhibits here.
Some Additional ideas for family fun in NYC
New York has many great neighborhoods each having a unique charm and interesting things to see. Therefore, you could take a Staten Island Ferry or the Roosevelt Island Tramway over the East River or walk the High Line. The possibilities are truly endless.
So these were some interesting ideas of what to do for family fun in NYC. Therefore, Pack your bag with some snacks, water, and a camera and go and explore this magnificent city. We wish you to spend some memorable moments with your family.