Moving somewhere new is always exciting, but most would say that packing isn’t as thrilling. It’s usually a complicated and tedious project, especially if you are in a hurry. That’s why we are here to help you handle a short notice move and we promise we can make it simple for you. Before you start panicking about your last-minute move, read this article and follow our tips. If you’ve just gotten your last-minute relocation notice, we’ve got some good news! Our affordable movers NYC are here to guide you through this process. So let’s focus our energy on getting some work done instead of chatting. After all, you only have so much time. There are many tips that can help you handle a short notice move which involves a lot of effective packing. You need good organization, perseverance, and our expert hacks and you’ll quickly pack up your home!
1. A moving plan is a good start when you need to handle a short notice move
We like to say that it’s close to impossible to handle a short notice move without this essential trick. In reality, you could execute a move, just a chaotic and stressful one. A carefully planned moving checklist will set you up for success. Okay, you are on borrowed time by this point, but creating one will only take half an hour. And it will save you multiple hours later! So, before you start packing, you need to examine items you want to move. You will have to do a quick walkthrough of your home and decide which items you are certainly moving. Make three lists: things for packing, a pile to donate, and one for trash. Then start packing up your home, clearing one pile at a time. The rest of the moving checklist is basically hiring reliable movers to do the heavy-lifting!
2. Start as early as you can!
If you’re packing by yourself, get an early start. You will have to pack really quickly, which is not so good for your fragile and delicate items. Since you only have limited time when it comes to organizing your relocation, why not hire Chelsea movers? You may think that hiring full-service movers will cost you more, but it can actually be more affordable than separate prices of renting a moving truck and labor-only services. We are reliable and can guarantee to keep your items safe during transportation.
3. How to handle a short notice move: Gather supplies
Collect, rent or buy boxes of different sizes, a lot of packing paper, some essential bubble wrapping, a marker to label your boxes and a box cutter. Dynamic Movers NYC can, of course, deliver all the necessary boxes and packing supplies at your home. This is the best option for you since your moving day is so near. Our experienced moving crew can also safely pack all of your valuable belongings in a matter of hours. Even if it’s really late the night before moving day, don’t be shy ŧo contact us! We will make sure to provide you with all the proper supplies in order for you to have a safe relocation.
4. How to handle a short notice move: Use what you have around the house as cheap packing material
- These tricks are often overlooked. If you want to handle a short notice move like a pro, use all the household belongings you can as packing supplies. These hacks mean that you’ll be packing smaller household objects into larger ones. It’s practical, it’s cheap and it’s quick. What more could you want?
- Use bags, baskets, garbage backs, suitcases, boxes you already own, sturdy grocery store boxes and more. Pack smaller and lighter things such as clothes into larger duffels. Put those pillowcases and large plastic bowls from your kitchen into good use. You never would have thought of them yourself? We know and you’re welcome.
- You can fill up all your suitcases, baskets and travel bags with items that aren’t easily breakable. It is always a bonus when you use something that’s on wheels. But you’ll still need some professional packing equipment to pack fragile items. Call your movers and they’ll supply you with the necessary amount. You’ll also need straps, a dolly and moving blankets for large appliances and heavy furniture.
5. Use garbage bags as much as you can
Packing with garbage bags is easy moving 101. If you want to handle a short notice move like an expert, pack your softer and lighter things like towels, blankets, and clothes into them. It makes packing in a hurry super easy and convenient. Just throw any of your non-fragile belongings into a large trash bag. They are also extremely practical because they can hold more items than boxes. If you want to heavily stuff your trash bags, make sure you buy some that are really strong and sturdy.
6. You can get recyclable moving bins
Now, these kinds of moving boxes are not something you’ll be able to get the night before moving day. However, if have a few days to plan ahead, use this hack. It is a lifesaver. Recyclable moving bins will save you a lot of time. These large plastic boxes are secure and sturdy. They make moving and packing super easy and simple. Unlike cardboard corrugated boxes, plastic bins require zero assembling efforts!
5. The best way to handle a short notice move is to hire professional packing services
Hire pro packing services to move your entire household swiftly and with total safety. If this not an option for you, for whatever reason, hire local movers and packers to pack a few rooms instead. We will save a lot of your time and won’t burn a hole in your pocket. People who have moved with us, all say that our strong, reliable packing team was a great investment.