The move is finally over. Now, you can enjoy all the benefits of your new house. However, something might ruin the perfect picture of your home. After the move, you are left with numerous cardboard boxes that you used for packing. They cannot stay in your home forever. Therefore, you need to find a new place for them or utilize them for something. For this reason, here are some more or less creative ways to use leftover moving boxes.
Use leftover moving boxes for your pets
If you own a cat or several of them, then you know what this means. You can use leftover moving boxes in two ways when you have pets, even to make your apartment pet-friendly.
- Make a bed for your cat with cardboard boxes – cats absolutely love to fit themselves into small boxes and sleep. For this reason, you can put one or two moving boxes in your cat’s corner so they can pick their favorite sleeping spot.
- You can also just put several moving boxes somewhere it is the most convenient for you and let your cat plays with them. You cat will be extremely happy since now they can jump, hide or explore one of those new exciting boxes.
Your kids may play with the boxes
Not only your cats can play with moving boxes. If you have children, then you can use leftover moving boxes in creative ways. For example, you can let your children build something they wish, like a castle or a robot. Then, they can paint and decorate their artwork however they like it. It is quite cheap entertainment for your children. It will keep them occupied while you can continue with the unpacking. In addition to this, if you have time, you can make a dollhouse or a puppet theater. This can be a good way to spend some time with your children while bonding and being creative. Therefore, not only will you help your children to cope with the relocation, but also you will share an unforgettable experience with them.
You can be creative as well
There are so many ways to use leftover moving boxes. These are just some of them.
- Decorative boxes – use decorative fabrics to cover the cardboard. Then add some decorations like bows or flowers and you can use it as a gift box or for your jewelry.
- Cardboard lamp – you must have made one of these back in school when you were young. Walk down the memory lane and be creative as much as you can to create the best one for your new home.
- iPad Case – you can even make an iPad case out of a moving box. Again, choose some decorative fabric, cut the box and you will not have to spend at least 50 dollars on iPad case.
- Apartment Door Numbers – make an apartment door number by yourself by cutting the box and printing the number on it. You can choose the size, color, and style of your number. Perfect for saving money as well.
Use leftover moving boxes in the garden
Do you like gardening? If the answer is yes, then this will be great news for you. You can use leftover moving boxes for your garden. First, instead of kneeling on the ground while you work with your plants, you can put a part of the cardboard box beneath you thus protecting your work clothes. In addition to this, you can also use it as a method for killing weeds. Place cardboard pieces over the critical parts of your garden and cover it with mulch. After a couple of days, weeds will be killed due to generated heat and the lack of Sun. Lastly, you can also store your gardening tools in leftover moving boxes.
What is the best way to use leftover moving boxes? Use them for storage. You can use colorful fabrics to cover the plain cardboard. This way, you can play with colors and patterns while expressing your creativity. The boxes will look amazing once they get a makeover. You will not be able to tell they were once used for moving. After the move, you will need additional storage space for all your belongings. Instead of buying expensive plastic containers, you can use leftover moving boxes. You can store all sorts of items, starting from your jewelry, children’s toys, clothes and anything else you want.
Donate or give the moving boxes away
After all these ideas, you might still have a couple of leftover moving boxes that you cannot use. For this reason, you can donate them or give them to your friends and family. You can search online about free moving boxes NYC and see where you can donate them. There are many people who still need to find cardboard boxes for their own move. If yours are in good conditions, you can help them. Similar to this, you can advertise it in an old fashioned way by making flyers. Maybe some of your neighbors know someone in a need for several moving boxes.
You can also sell or save them
Lastly, you can also sell your boxes. There are several sites on the Internet where you can post it. In addition to this, you can also check with your moving company to sell it back to them. For example, Tribeca movers will gladly help you to find a new home for your boxes. If you do not like any of these options, you can save the boxes for another move. You never know where life is going to take, so it is best to be prepared.
Creative ways to use leftover moving boxes
As you can see, there are many ways to use leftover moving boxes. The most important is to be creative and let your imagination run wild.